I love eating foods that offer satisfying flavor, nutrition, and easy preparation all in one. My latest go-to warm vegetable concoction combines cruciferous cauliflower, caramelized onion, always welcome Parmesan, and healthy olive oil. It takes just minutes to make, and never fails to deliver.
It’s also a flexible dish in that you can add ingredients according to your preferences: any favorite herbs like thyme or rosemary, garlic cloves, or pepper would add another layer of taste. But I like it simple with just five ingredients.
(Adapted from a recipe in Bon Appetit magazine, February 2013)
1 head cauliflower
1 medium onion
3 T high quality olive oil
½ cup grated Parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Wash cauliflower and cut into florets. Place in large roasting pan.
3. Slice medium onion and place into pan.
4. Toss vegetables with olive oil and salt.
5. Roast for 35 minutes, tossing a couple of times.
6. Remove pan from oven. Add Parmesan and toss to combine.
7. Roast 10 more minutes.