Monday, June 18, 2012

Madeleine Raspberry Shortcakes





My daughter and I made up these yummy summery treats by starting with a traditional idea, changing it, and assembling the ingredients in the quickest, easiest way.

The original idea was to make a strawberry shortcake for dessert. At the store I got inspired to do a twist on the traditional when I saw these little, luscious Madeleine cakes and some beautifully ripe, red raspberries. Instead of assembling it all on a plate as I originally intended, my daughter simply picked up a Madeleine, scooped on some whipped cream, and placed raspberries on top.

What could be simpler? They’re pretty, delicious, easy to eat by hand, and a great combination of tart fruit, creamy goodness, and buttery cake. You could use blueberries too to make a festive and colorful 4th of July sweet. Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment