Saturday, August 21, 2010
Buck's of Woodside: Wacky and Wonderful Top 10 List
10. Friendly and comfortable for families, entrepreneurs, ladies who lunch, and the occasional celebrity.
9. Great breakfast menu including killer coffee cake and Buck's buckwheat pancakes.
8. Unique Silicon Valley landmark, and a fun place to take out of town visitors.
7. Situated in wealthy Woodside just a short drive from Highway 280, Sand Hill Road and Stanford University.
6. Shaquille O'Neal's size 23 shoe displayed on the wall. No kidding.
5. New York steak sandwich with 7 oz. NY strip, lettuce, tomato, and onion strings on sourdough toast.
4. John McEnroe's mangled wooden tennis racquet from a match against Jimmy Connors.
3. Dining next to an anaconda skin, narwhal tusk, and Cracker Jack prize collection.
2. Silicon Valley start-ups have gotten funded and launched here including Yahoo, Netscape, PayPay, and Hotmail.
1. Hot crab with melted cheddar on sourdough baguette: Buck's most popular sandwich, with good reason. Try it!